Carbon Monoxide Detectors: A Safe New Legal Requirement
As of today it is now a legal requirement for every residential dwelling to have a working Carbon Monoxide detector within the home.
The Community Safety and Correctional Services Minister, Yasir Naqvi, states that the odourless, colourless gas kills roughly 50 Canadians a year, 11 of time Ontarians.
The detectors of this deadly gas should be placed within houses, condos, hotel rooms and even Univeristy dorm rooms.
It is recommended that the Carbon Monoxide Detector be placed outside of each bedroom, and at least 1 per floor.
Last year with the ice storm most of us heard the tragic stories of people dying from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning.
Your safety and those of your loved ones come first and foremost.
Remember to check the expiry date on your Carbon Monoxide Detector, and replace the batteries once a year!